Calcium Stearate plays a vital role across a wide range of industries’ applications.
Historically, its primary function was that of a lubricant used extensively in the coatings for paper and board and other coating applications. Today, its uses extend across a vast array of industries and applications. These include:
- Paper and Board – as a lubricant in coating colours
- Candy Production – as a flow and surface conditioner and as a waterproofing agent
- Pencils and Crayon Manufacture – as a lubricant
- Concrete Production – for efflorescence and waterproofing
- Pharmaceutical Industry – for tablet mould release, as an anti-tack agent, and as a gelling agent
- Plastics Industry – for acid scavenging or neutralisation, for pigment wetting, accelerating fusion and reducing die swell
- Defoamer Production
The influence of Calcium Stearate is opposite to the normal characteristics you would typically expect from a lubricant. Increasing the amount of Calcium Stearate leads to an increased melt viscosity and a decreased shear rate and volumetric flow rate.
To ensure Mare meets the demand of the Calcium Stearate users, Mare has two dedicated Calcium Stearate production facilities. The first is in Kilafors (Sweden), where it is ideally located to supply the Scandinavian Paper and Board Industry, the second at its headquarters in Ossona, Italy.
Swedcoat is available in several variations to meet customers exacting needs, including:
- Broad range of particle sizes
- High solids content (up to 60%)
- Product customisation is also available